A selection of links I found interesting from around the web
1) How to write about your science from SciDev.Net
2) Rob Hopkins from Transition Towns writes about the tension between creating change and activism in Transition and activism: a response on Transition Culture.
3) How the distant and dispersed people of Canada’s First Nations are using Facebook from Vancouver’s the Tyee.
4) How climate change will increase coastal accessibility but decrease accessibility to the interior of the Arctic by cutting ice roads. Toronto Globe and Mail reports on new research in Nature Climate Change (doi:10.1038/nclimate1120).
5) Why more immigration means less crime. The Walrus reports on how immigration lowers crime rates in Canadian communities in an article Arrival of the Fittest.
6) The Globe and Mail reports on how in Toronto carless recent immigrants are producing a more walkable environment.