Tagsafrica agriculture anthropocene architecture arctic art Australia Brian Walker Buzz Holling China climate change development disaster earthquake ecology economics Elinor Ostrom eutrophication finance financial crisis fire global internet job job ad map NASA papers PhD planetary boundaries Postdoc resilience Resilience 2008 Resilience 2011 Science science fiction social-ecological systems Steve Carpenter Stockholm Stockholm Resilience Centre Sweden USA video water World Bank
- A “Planetary Boundaries” Straw-Man
- Bruno Latour thinks about the Anthropocene
- Cityscapes :: An urban magazine from the global south :: New issue #3: The Smart City?
- Is 3D printing the “next big thing” for ecology?
- Connecting the Instability of Markets and Ecosystems – C.S. Holling and Hyman Minsky
- A Planet without Humans? Two Short Reflections on “Does the terrestrial biosphere have planetary tipping points?”
- Ecology & Society papers that best connect different author groups
- Ecology and Society’s most ‘typical’ paper
- WEF’s Risk Report and the misperception of environmental risks
- Two research positions at Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences to work with SRC
- resilienceSci: RT @grescoe: China's largest cities where the action is—but China Daily reports air, water quality make them barely liveable. http://t.co/G… May 23, 2013
- resilienceSci: Resilience and Recovery of Overexploited Marine Populations http://t.co/vZ58gqG6ZQ Fish resilient but too much fishing erodes resilience May 23, 2013
- resilienceSci: Changes in leading causes of death, years of life lost, & DALYs from 1990->2010 http://t.co/SKR2FTgtpa #GBD #visualization May 23, 2013
- resilienceSci: RT @rhizomia: Guatemalan Rios Montt's conviction of genocide annulled - 'technical reasons. Una vergüenza http://t.co/Vwd7LO6dNW May 23, 2013
- resilienceSci: Instability & surprising synchrony of ecosystem services in #urban planning http://t.co/Toygu75g93 May 22, 2013
- resilienceSci: RT @Revkin: I chat with @MarkTercek on range of approaches needed for a thriving #Anthropocene: http://t.co/lp6Ov501L3 (video) @aspeninstit… May 22, 2013
- resilienceSci: RT @macroresilience: believe it or not, best book on immigration & problems of integration I've read: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's autobiography ht… May 22, 2013
- resilienceSci: For Swedish speakers- Swedish EPA interviews Carl Folke about ecosystem services. Podcast from @Miljodep: http://t.co/vPzNAlolN6 May 22, 2013
- resilienceSci: Rate of zoonotic disease emergence is closely tied to ag-environmental interactions, but limited ability to predict http://t.co/3eagecRaGH May 22, 2013
- resilienceSci: Impact of 2008 crisis on inequality across OECD: Income inequality rose but taxes & transfers mitigated impact http://t.co/RQBOEurjQT May 22, 2013
Tag Archives: ocean
Eminent coral reef ecologist Jeremy Jackson recently gave a talk at TED called How we wrecked the ocean, which presents a popular version of his research on the long-term human impact on the ocean.
From the Shifting baseline’s project a strong video on the emptying of the ocean of fish: via Dot Earth See also World’s Fair on the Great Pacific Trash Vortex.