Tagsafrica agriculture anthropocene architecture arctic art Australia Brian Walker Buzz Holling China climate change development disaster earthquake ecology economics Elinor Ostrom eutrophication finance financial crisis fire global internet job job ad map NASA papers PhD planetary boundaries Postdoc resilience Resilience 2008 Resilience 2011 Science science fiction social-ecological systems Steve Carpenter Stockholm Stockholm Resilience Centre Sweden USA video water World Bank
- A “Planetary Boundaries” Straw-Man
- Bruno Latour thinks about the Anthropocene
- Cityscapes :: An urban magazine from the global south :: New issue #3: The Smart City?
- Is 3D printing the “next big thing” for ecology?
- Connecting the Instability of Markets and Ecosystems – C.S. Holling and Hyman Minsky
- A Planet without Humans? Two Short Reflections on “Does the terrestrial biosphere have planetary tipping points?”
- Ecology & Society papers that best connect different author groups
- Ecology and Society’s most ‘typical’ paper
- WEF’s Risk Report and the misperception of environmental risks
- Two research positions at Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences to work with SRC
Tag Archives: jobs
We’re looking to hire three new people to join our team working on the role of landscape structure and biodiversity in the provision of ecosystem services. The new positions include a postdoc to work on developing models of ecosystem services, … Continue reading
Stockholm Resilience Centre has two new Associate Senior Lecturer in environmental sciences positions it is looking to fill. Application deadline is 22 January 2011. Associate Senior Lecturer with emphasis on ecosystem-based management of the Baltic Sea This position includes analysis … Continue reading
My colleague Joern Fischer is offering four new PhD positions at Leuphana University Lueneburg. He writes: Expressions of interest are being sought for four new PhD positions, for commencement in 2011 (details to be negotiated). Please register your interest and … Continue reading
Tim Daw writes: I wanted to highlight the following job opportunity at my department in UEA. It’s an exciting time for us as we’re hiring up to 4 new faculty. Although I never considered myself an academic in ‘International Development‘, … Continue reading