Tagsafrica agriculture anthropocene architecture arctic art Australia Brian Walker Buzz Holling China climate change development disaster earthquake ecology economics Elinor Ostrom eutrophication finance financial crisis fire global internet job job ad map NASA papers PhD planetary boundaries Postdoc resilience Resilience 2008 Resilience 2011 Science science fiction social-ecological systems Steve Carpenter Stockholm Stockholm Resilience Centre Sweden USA video water World Bank
- A “Planetary Boundaries” Straw-Man
- Bruno Latour thinks about the Anthropocene
- Cityscapes :: An urban magazine from the global south :: New issue #3: The Smart City?
- Is 3D printing the “next big thing” for ecology?
- Connecting the Instability of Markets and Ecosystems – C.S. Holling and Hyman Minsky
- A Planet without Humans? Two Short Reflections on “Does the terrestrial biosphere have planetary tipping points?”
- Ecology & Society papers that best connect different author groups
- Ecology and Society’s most ‘typical’ paper
- WEF’s Risk Report and the misperception of environmental risks
- Two research positions at Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences to work with SRC
Tag Archives: data
Bernhard Lehner my geography colleague from Burnside Hall at McGill has recently released HydroSHEDS a new global map of the worlds rivers. Maps based upon this data were featured in the March issue of National Geographic. HydroSHEDS is: a new … Continue reading
1) An Open Data Litmus Test: Is There a Download Button from Off the Map In order for any data to be open you need to be able to download the data so that you can remix, reuse and share … Continue reading
Paul Krugman writes a popular article in New York Times Magazine on climate change economics. Nature reports on how Marine Reserves can be a ‘win–win’ for fish and fishermen. Our colleague Terry Hughes research is mentioned. Nature Reports Climate Change … Continue reading
On his group’s weblog, influential Bayesian statistican Andrew Gelman proposes a statistical lexicon to make important methods and concepts related to statistics better know: The Secret Weapon: Fitting a statistical model repeatedly on several different datasets and then displaying all … Continue reading