3) Economists argue that the long-gone Habsburg Empire is still visible in Eastern European bureaucracies today on Vox.eu.
5) Also from Nature News, Greg Asner and colleagues have developed a digital catalogue of the chemical and optical properties of some 4,700 plant species in different conditions. By using this information to analyze high resolution LIDAR images from the Carnegie Airborne Observatory, Asner hopes that they will be able to identify the species of individual trees.
- Resilience of social memory
- Short Links: Climate change economics and impacts, dealing with data, and analyzing social networks
- short links: open data, candian census, and merchants of doubt
- Links: Melting glaciers, floods, and species responses to climate change
- Reinventing social-ecological memory