- Paul Krugman writes a popular article in New York Times Magazine on climate change economics.
- Nature reports on how Marine Reserves can be a ‘win–win’ for fish and fishermen. Our colleague Terry Hughes research is mentioned.
- Nature Reports Climate Change has several articles that relate to resilience to sea level rise. Mark Schrope describes coastal development in Florida (which combines a lack of planning with a lack of memory). Mason Inman reports on ecological engineering to adapt to sea level rise.
- An Economist special report on dealing with large volumes of data.
- Mathematican Steven Storgatz writes about analysis of social networks in New York Times in the Enemy of My Enemy.