Modelling Water Management in Bhutan
Ralf Yorque memorial competition is a best-paper competition in the journal Ecology and Society. The award aims to stimulate creative transdisciplinary research. The winning paper for 2006 was:
Companion modeling, conflict resolution, and institution building: sharing irrigation water in the Lingmuteychu Watershed, Bhutan
by Tayan Raj Gurung, Francois Bousquet, and Guy Trébuil.
Who work at the Ministry of Agriculture, Bhutan; CIRAD, France; and the CU-Cirad Project, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
The paper used multi-agent systems to facilitate water management negotiations in Bhutan. They nicely connect user resource management games with computer modelling to improve water management.
- Crop per Drop vs. Water for Ecosystem Services
- Green water efficiency in farming
- Steve Carpenter wins Stockholm Water Prize
- Water Footprint in Food Production
- Complicated ecological tradeoffs from water & agriculture
This entry was posted in Ecological Management
. Bookmark the permalink